When you don’t have time to spend all day on your “about page,” here are a few quick tips to get it finished and get you back to creating.
– Take out your camera and take a series of pictures … Right now. Don’t clean up. Don’t make it pretty. Close in on colors and the creative process.
– Caption them with bits of detail. Tell us what you’re creating, what it is now, and what it will be.
– Use your favorite phrase for the starting tagline or slogan. Even if you don’t have an official line, use the sentence you always use. What comes up in every blog, every conversation, every pitch. Use that.
– For the big section, share two things – how you got here and what you make. It doesn’t have to be a novel – just a quick anecdote about how life crashed into this business. Then tell your customers what makes your brand buzz. Why you? Why your shop? Remember, short is sweet. 1-2 paragraphs is lovely.
– Share a favorite picture of yourself on the right. On the beach, in your shop, on a hike. The last time you were BEAMING. List 3-5 nouns that make you you OR tell us what you do by day and by night.
– Along the bottom, Showcase items that 1) sell well, 2) highlight your brand, 3) are in season.
Still don’t have time?! Let’s chat. Click on the Contact link above. We can tell your story… In no time.